Astro Star Tour Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions represent the terms and conditions upon which you agree to participate in your nominated workshop or tour.
To avoid doubt, throughout the terms and conditions, the following terms will have the corresponding meaning:-
“We” or “Astro Star Tours” or “Us” means Astro Star Tours and its instructors, tour guides, assistants, agents, contractors, representatives and consultants;
“I” or “You” or “Participant (s)” means the person(s) participating in the tour;
“Tour” means the tour or workshop you wish to book and or purchase on the shop page or tour booking form on this website;
“Monies” or “Fee (s) ” or “Ticket (s) ” means the cost of the Tour.
- Only valid paid ticket holders will be admitted to tours unless part of a group booking. Tickets need be purchased in advance using the ticket booking system on the website https://www.astrostartours.com.au/tickets/
- Tour groups and group bookings are to be placed via the Tour and Group Booking Form or directly with Astro Star Tours. Bookings must be completed at least seven (7) days prior to the proposed Tour date.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times. The ability to take instructions, understand the information given and patience for the duration of approximately 90 minutes viewings is necessary.
- Please note the duration of the tour and the expected temperature for the time of your tour and dress accordingly.
Astro Star Tours and its authorised sub-contractors reserve the right to use and reproduce any photograph taken of any persons for any purpose including display and sale by or on behalf of Astro Star Tours without any compensation to any persons.
Photographs acquired from Astro Star Tours remain copyright to Astro Star Tours. They must not be reproduced or used by any persons or organisations for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services, without Astro Star Tours prior written permission.
- Mosquitoes can sometimes be an issue during the summer months so make sure you wear long sleeves and pants. Please do not bring any form of insect repellent any where near the telescopes but feel free to apply repellent beforehand.
- Star Tours are Alcohol and drug Free.
- Pets and other domestic animals are not permitted.
- Please do not use any form of white light during the tour. Red lights are fine.
- No food, aerosols or liquids of any type will be permitted any where near the telescopes.
- Do not touch any part of the telescopes.
- Please follow all the instructions given by the tour guide.
- Astro Star Tours reserves the right to reject any person(s) from the tour at the discretion of the tour guide.
- Astro Star Tours reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time with out notice.
- Star Tours are only able to run subject to reasonably clear weather.
- In the event of cloudy conditions being forecast, the decision to cancel the tour will be made before or on the day of the tour and all ticket holders will be contacted using details provided during the booking process.
- You will then be given the option to receive a full refund or transfer the booking to an alternative tour date/time. (Please ensure that these contact details are correct).
- If, at the conclusion of a tour, Astro Star Tours deems that the tour was considered cloudy, ticket holders of that tour will be provided a 50% refund. Astro Star Tours will deem a night as being “cloudy” when:
- No more than three astronomical objects are able to be viewed by participants through telescopes, or
- At Astro Star Tours discretion.
Ticket Transfers, Cancellations and Refunds
- Astro Star Tours will permit transfers and cancellations up to 48 hours prior to a scheduled tour.
- Tickets and bookings may be transferred to an alternative night with no additional cost incurred.
- No refunds will be given less than 48 hours before a scheduled tour.
- Astro Star Tours reserves the right to refund the price of tickets under special circumstances when a participant is unable to attend. Refunds are given solely at the discretion of Astro Star Tours.
- Please refer to our Weather terms & conditions above regarding cancellations relating to weather.
Tour Groups and Group Bookings
- Tour operators and group bookings are to be placed via the Tour and Group Booking Form or directly with Astro Star Tours.
- Minimum booking is three (3) people. Less than 3 people have option to pay for 3 to run tour.
- Tour Groups and Group bookings will be invoiced after the Tour has been run.
- Invoices are to be paid within 14 days of being received.
- Tour group leaders, guides etc accompanying a tour group on a Astro Star Tour and looking after their tour group but not participating with the tour will be free of charge(FOC). Staff participating in the Tour in any form will need to pay.
The following classifications of tickets are provided for tours:
- Adult: Anyone age of 16 years or above.
- Children: If a child is between the ages of 4-15 years they require a child ticket
- Other than the standard internet data, Astro Star Tours does not collect or use any of your personal information unless specifically authorised or permitted pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988.
Limit of Liability
- Astro Star Tours accept no liability for death, illness or injury or loss or damage to any personal belongings during the course of the tour or in transit thereto.
- We can accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services to be provided. We reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the tours due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to cancel the tour we will provide a full refund, which the participants acknowledge as full and final settlement. In the event of a tour cancellation by Astro Star Tours, liability of Astro Star Tours to participants shall be limited to the total value of the tour. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
- By joining any tours offered by Astro Star Tours, participants acknowledge that they are aware of risks and are physically capable of safely taking part in the tour. Further, they release Astro Star Tours from any liability. Astro Star Tours will assume no liability for injury, illness or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in a tour.
Your Agreement to this Contract
By participating in the tours offered by Astro Star Tours, and in consideration for my being allowed to participate in the Tours, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I, and if I am not yet 18 years old, my parent or legal guardian (individually and collectively referred to below in the first person singular) agree to be bound by each of the following provisions of this waiver, release of liability, indemnification, consent to medical attention and grant of rights ("Waiver"):
1. Voluntary Participation. I understand and confirm that my participation in the Tours is voluntary. I am in good health and suffer from no physical or mental condition that would make me especially susceptible to injury or disability while participating in the Tours.
2.Comprehension of Risk. I fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with my participation in the Tours including, without limitation, injury or death resulting from exposure to unfavourable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, and injuries arising from self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, motor vehicles, and pedestrians. I understand that the Tours take place in public venues under conditions largely beyond Astro Star Tours control.
3.Assumption of Risk. I assume all risks, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, in any way connected with my participation in the Tours. I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way connected with my participation in the Tours.
4.Release of Liability; Limitation of Damages. I hereby forever and unconditionally release Astro Star Tours and its affiliated entities, parent companies, subsidiaries, present and former employees, owners, officers, members, managers, partners, contractors, insurers, shareholders, and directors (collectively "Released Entities"), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney's fees) for death, injury, loss or damage of property, (collectively "Claims") in any way arising out of my participation in the Tours, including, without limitation, any and all Claims resulting from the negligence of the Released Entities. In no event shall Astro Star Tours be liable for any special, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages or other indirect damages, even if Astro Star Tours has been informed of the possibility thereof.
5.Consent to Medical Treatment. I authorise Astro Star Tours to provide to me, through medical personnel of its choice, customary medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services. This consent does not impose a duty upon Astro Star Tours to provide such assistance, transportation, or services.
6.Severability. If any provision of this Waiver is for any reason declared to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected. The invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and if no modification may render it valid and enforceable, this Waiver will be construed as if not containing such provision and the rights and obligations of the parties will be construed and enforced accordingly.
7.Promotional Release. I hereby grant to Astro Star Tours the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use photographic portraits, pictures, video footage and/or audio recordings of my participation in the Tours, in which I may be included intact or in part, including the negatives, prints, transparencies or digital information relevant to such portraits.
THIS IS A WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I HAVE READ this entire document. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY Agreeing to its provisions. By continuing to participate in the tours, I am indicating my voluntary agreement to the provisions of this WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Participation in the tours by a person who is not yet 18 years old indicates that a parent or legal guardian has also read and consented to this waiver.
In reserving a place on the tour by paying the tour fee, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who makes the booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included, and all are bound by these terms and conditions.