Astro Star Tour Terms & Conditions
- Only valid paid ticket holders will be admitted to tours unless part of a group booking. Tickets need be purchased in advance using the ticket booking system on the website https://www.astrostartours.com.au/tickets/
- Tour groups and group bookings are to be placed via the Tour and Group Booking Form or directly with Astro Star Tours. Bookings must be completed at least seven (7) days prior to the proposed Tour date.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times. The ability to take instructions, understand the information given and patience for the duration of approximately 90 minutes viewings is necessary.
- Please note the duration of the tour and the expected temperature for the time of your tour and dress accordingly.
Astro Star Tours and its authorised sub-contractors reserve the right to use and reproduce any photograph taken of any persons for any purpose including display and sale by or on behalf of Astro Star Tours without any compensation to any persons.
Photographs acquired from Astro Star Tours remain copyright to Astro Star Tours. They must not be reproduced or used by any persons or organisations for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services, without Astro Star Tours prior written permission.
- Mosquitoes can sometimes be an issue during the summer months so make sure you wear long sleeves and pants. Please do not bring any form of insect repellent any where near the telescopes but feel free to apply repellent beforehand.
- Star Tours are Alcohol and drug Free.
- Pets and other domestic animals are not permitted.
- Please do not use any form of white light during the tour. Red lights are fine.
- No food, aerosols or liquids of any type will be permitted any where near the telescopes.
- Do not touch any part of the telescopes.
- Please follow all the instructions given by the tour guide.
- Astro Star Tours reserves the right to reject any person(s) from the tour at the discretion of the tour guide.
- Astro Star Tours reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time with out notice.
- Star Tours are only able to run subject to reasonably clear weather.
- In the event of cloudy conditions being forecast, the decision to cancel the tour will be made before or on the day of the tour and all ticket holders will be contacted using details provided during the booking process.
- You will then be given the option to receive a full refund or transfer the booking to an alternative tour date/time. (Please ensure that these contact details are correct).
- If, at the conclusion of a tour, Astro Star Tours deems that the tour was considered cloudy, ticket holders of that tour will be provided a 50% refund. Astro Star Tours will deem a night as being “cloudy” when:
- No more than three astronomical objects are able to be viewed by participants through telescopes, or
- At Astro Star Tours discretion.
Ticket Transfers, Cancellations and Refunds
- Astro Star Tours will permit transfers and cancellations up to 48 hours prior to a scheduled tour.
- Tickets and bookings may be transferred to an alternative night with no additional cost incurred.
- No refunds will be given less than 48 hours before a scheduled tour.
- Astro Star Tours reserves the right to refund the price of tickets under special circumstances when a participant is unable to attend. Refunds are given solely at the discretion of Astro Star Tours.
- Please refer to our Weather terms & conditions above regarding cancellations relating to weather.
Tour Groups and Group Bookings
- Tour operators and group bookings are to be placed via the Tour and Group Booking Form or directly with Astro Star Tours.
- Minimum group bookings is three (3) persons.
- Tour Groups and Group bookings will be invoiced after the Tour has been run.
- Invoices are to be paid within 14 days of being received.
- Tour group leaders, guides etc accompanying a tour group on a Astro Star Tour and looking after their tour group but not participating with the tour will be free of charge(FOC). Staff participating in the Tour in any form will need to pay.
The following classifications of tickets are provided for tours:
- Adult: Anyone age of 16 years or above.
- Children: If a child is between the ages of 4-15 years they require a child ticket